Just bought my first airbrush.

blacktop0506

Young Tutorling
For years I have wanted to learn how to airbrush so I’m finally jumping in and doing it. I have a few things working against me like I literally have no artistic talent and I’m ex color blind. So I’m start with the practice sheets and then try on car models,but any tips would be appreciated

Welcome blacktop :)

Have a look through the forum, there is loads of tips to be found and if You have any specific questions or help needed just ask :)

Welcome to the forum and to airbrushing!

Airbrushing is a wonderful experience, but it requires something very important: Practice, practice, practice.
The reason is it has an overwhelming amount of little different variables and all can affect the experience. It can be frustrating at the beginning, but it is part of the learning curve.
There are millions of tutorials on Youtube. However, use those as a general guidance and starting point. There is no absolute truth as the setup that may work for person A may not work for person B.
It is very important you get acquainted with your equipment. A big mistake is to try a new airbrush, get less than stellar results the first time, blame the airbrush and get a more expensive one only to get even worst results. You need to know your airbrush and get familiar with its personality. That is one of the many variables I mentioned. You want to lock some of those variables to make sure you learn what affects what.
In the same line, there are tons of options for paint types. Water based, solvent based, acrylics, inks, dyes, enamels, lacquers, latex, urethanes and many more. Then multiple brands for each. Choose one and stay with it until you master it. That's another variable you want to lock until you have more experience.
A dirty airbrush is a recipe for frustration. A clean airbrush is key to success.
You mentioned car models. That's what I've been airbrushing for 30 years. If you have any specific question or if I can be of any help please let me know. This forum is a great place as everybody is willing to help.
The most important part is: HAVE FUN!

**EDIT** By the way, I can barely draw a straight line with a ruler... lol

Thanks,
Ismael

Airbrushing is a wonderful experience, but it requires something very important: Practice, practice, practice.
The reason is it has an overwhelming amount of little different variables and all can affect the experience. It can be frustrating at the beginning, but it is part of the learning curve.
There are millions of tutorials on Youtube. However, use those as a general guidance and starting point. There is no absolute truth as the setup that may work for person A may not work for person B.
It is very important you get acquainted with your equipment. A big mistake is to try a new airbrush, get less than stellar results the first time, blame the airbrush and get a more expensive one only to get even worst results. You need to know your airbrush and get familiar with its personality. That is one of the many variables I mentioned. You want to lock some of those variables to make sure you learn what affects what.
In the same line, there are tons of options for paint types. Water based, solvent based, acrylics, inks, dyes, enamels, lacquers, latex, urethanes and many more. Then multiple brands for each. Choose one and stay with it until you master it. That's another variable you want to lock until you have more experience.
A dirty airbrush is a recipe for frustration. A clean airbrush is key to success.
You mentioned car models. That's what I've been airbrushing for 30 years. If you have any specific question or if I can be of any help please let me know. This forum is a great place as everybody is willing to help.

Thanks,
Ismael
Thank you for your advice and i will definitely do lots of practicing

Thanks,
Ismael
All of the above AND PATIENCE 😆
acknowledge there will be a learning curve (as with any new experience) put your “L” plates on and dive in

Welcome to the forum blacktop.
Cruise around the threads, look in tha Beginner section and you might find the answers to questions you don't know you have.

Airbrushing is an awesome way to paint.
When you decide which type of paint you are going to use, make sure you have the proper breathing protection you need for it.
We are here to help in any way we can. Don't be shy, ask.

Again, welcome aboard.
Sit down, strap in, enjoy the ride.
-Joe

Welcome!
I'm new to airbrushing as well. This is a great forum with people willing to help.
In the short time I've been here I've received a lot of excellent feedback. It's a great place. :cool:

Back