Microns ... CM C, CM C+, or CM B?

IPT

Detail Decepticon!
I'm using a Iwata HP CS and would like to get better details and finer lines. Is the Micron CM-C the way to go or the CM-B? I'm currently working on some RC car so will be doing some small scale stuff. I know a Micron will be awesome, the question is which one? I'd like to make this purchase only once :).
Oh, I use Wicked or Auto air mostly. Maybe HOK some day.

Is the CM C + worth the extra expense over the CM C?

I just bought the cmc+ and love everything about it. I like having the mac valve for super easy air adjustment, like you said your only buying it once so go with the best. Now your going from the cs to a micron, that's really going to be a big improvement. I gradually stepped up my game as you can see in my signature I have a lot of Iwatas. I still love my CH's since they have the mac valve and the detail is extremely tight. I also switched one of my CH's from a .3mm to a .2mm and that really gives me fine lines.

Due to the different design on the cup Yes
Have a look at Jeff's thread when he bought the CM-C and then sent it back for the CM-C+

The cup would not bother me I have the B now. And a solvent proof needle bearing is like $9.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Due to the different design on the cup Yes
Have a look at Jeff's thread when he bought the CM-C and then sent it back for the CM-C+

Yeah, definitely go with the CMC+. The bottom of the paint cup on the CMC has the entire body hollowed out and can not just use a few drops of paint unless you are painting on a flat surface.

Here is the thread Herb was talking about, where I sent back my CMC because of the cup design.
If you think it won't bother you, then by all means get it. I personally did not like the cup design, so I got the CMC+

Thanks for the link. Just looked at all your airbrushes. What size needle are you running in you HP-CH? In your opinion, how would you say that brush sprays or differs from the Micron CM C+?

Thanks for the link. Just looked at all your airbrushes. What size needle are you running in you HP-CH? In your opinion, how would you say that brush sprays or differs from the Micron CM C+?

I have the .2 set up in my CH and a CM-B .18. The micron atomizes much better and sprays better at low pressures. Both great brushes but the micron is hands down the King. But if you do not want to shell out over $400 for a micron, the converted HP-CH is termed a poor mans micron. If you order from Coast airbrush over the phone, you may even be able to have it set up that way for you , might be worth looking into.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

I have the .3mm(stock) in mine. For atomization, fine lines, and trigger control, the CMC+ wins hands down.

Thnaks Guys - Jag, what size needle do you have in the micron? I was thinking to just stay with the stock 2.3 for now. I figure just the better atomization and going from using the .5, or .35 HP CS will be a huge difference.

I want the CMC+ so badly. Eventually I will go for that one, when i can dump the cash on it. I like the cup size and after reading the thread everyone else mentioned that kinda solidified my choice

Thnaks Guys - Jag, what size needle do you have in the micron? I was thinking to just stay with the stock 2.3 for now. I figure just the better atomization and going from using the .5, or .35 HP CS will be a huge difference.

Just the stock .23. There is definitely no problem getting ultra fine detail with it. I noticed quite a difference between the HP-CH .3mm and the micron. The Eclipse to the micron is an entirely different world.

My first Micron was a MP-200B, and my second was a CM-C+. I thought it would be the holy grail of airbrushes. Used it for less than a month, and sold it on. Since then I have owned all types of Microns (including the Olympos Specials and almost unknown Mr Airbrush PS-770), and even borrowed another CM-C+ from a friend to give it a second chance. Still it is on the bottom of my list. In my opinion, its not as well balanced as the other Microns.
Today I only have the Olympos Microns left. If I would buy another, it would be either the CM-SB or the CM-B.

My first Micron was a MP-200B, and my second was a CM-C+. I thought it would be the holy grail of airbrushes. Used it for less than a month, and sold it on. Since then I have owned all types of Microns (including the Olympos Specials and almost unknown Mr Airbrush PS-770), and even borrowed another CM-C+ from a friend to give it a second chance. Still it is on the bottom of my list. In my opinion, its not as well balanced as the other Microns.
Today I only have the Olympos Microns left. If I would buy another, it would be either the CM-SB or the CM-B.

Micron is a brand name and not just a needle size , So to compare the others you have named is like comparing a Rolls Royce to a VW ,. They are both cars buy are not even close to the same.
But again liking a Micron or any airbrush is totally a personnel choice. Also being you have no introduction or art work posted it is hard to tell how long you have been painting or even what your work looks like . your first post is advertising and you second is a question about a 2 in 1 airbrush..
Sorry I just find it hard to take you opinion without knowing some back ground on the artist or person in this case .

Mr Micron, Olympos does/did make a Micron.

View attachment 26439

Thanks I have learned something . Funny how the head system looks exactly like an Iwata Micron.
So I can now see why it would shoot almost like the Iwata Micron
Still would like to know more about the person who post opinions when the post it . For all I know they have only been painting a month or 30 years so it is hard for me to validate the knowledge behind the opinion.
I still say there is no right answer due to we all paint different and have different views on what we look for in an airbrush

Back