New AB day!

SiRoxx

Party Boy UK Style
Staff member
Mod
I’ve been lusting after the Takumi airbrushes since they came out and while the Micron version looks incredible, obviously it’s very expensive and in my hands it likely won’t really do anything my CM-C+ won’t. But the Eclipse however… I love my CS and use it often enough that I could justify another, so that was an easy choice.
I’ve only had a small amount of time working with it, but was confident enough to go straight into an existing piece. This is a first side feed for me, so I’m having to get used to that although it doesn’t feel a huge amount different to my gravity fed brushes.
In terms of performance, well it’s an Eclipse so it’s awesome. The shorter body definitely feels nice and is definitely noticeable in the way the brush handles. Not necessarily better, just different and comfortable.
So far I’m very pleased with the brush and am looking forward to learning more about it.
8debe12716fd8dbd7ae468fe2359f4d3.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

congrats. Just wondering. How much heavier that side cup is then the ones from the generation before Takumi? Cause this looks big -.-

congrats. Just wondering. How much heavier that side cup is then the ones from the generation before Takumi? Cause this looks big -.-

They come standard with a 7cc cup, which is about the same size as the "C". The smaller, 2cc cup of the NEO, or an H&S brush will screw right on the base - making it about the same as the older cups (which can also be used with the brush).

They come standard with a 7cc cup, which is about the same size as the "C". The smaller, 2cc cup of the NEO, or an H&S brush will screw right on the base - making it about the same as the older cups (which can also be used with the brush).
thanks Dave. Mystery solved. :thumbsup:

Congrats Si,
I cant believe its your first side feed !!
I haven't jumped on the Takumi train, I have more brushes than I should, but my micron side feed is my go to for most of what I do.
I was late to the side feed party but now I'd recommend them to everyone that will listen, I don't know the technical specifics but they do spray differently than the gravity feeds.

Thanks Mate. I can’t tell you how much heavier it is as I never held the older version. I can say that I don’t really notice any weight over that side. And the cup on its own is very light. I usually only have a small amount of paint in at any one time though.

Cool beans! Congrats - this has become one of my favorite Iwata brushes.
Thanks Buddy. I can see why, it very nice to use and quite familiar right out of the gate. I like the new trigger pad too.

Congrats Si,
I cant believe its your first side feed !!
I haven't jumped on the Takumi train, I have more brushes than I should, but my micron side feed is my go to for most of what I do.
I was late to the side feed party but now I'd recommend them to everyone that will listen, I don't know the technical specifics but they do spray differently than the gravity feeds.
Thanks Boss. Yeah, I’ve been all gravity fed up until now lol. I think because when I started learning Craig Fraser was the main influence. And being an automotive guy, gravity feed was what he used. But I’m enjoying the different setup.

I had a fireworks gif posted above. I guess gif's don't stay posted? I tried to edit out the IMG but it doesn't show up, just the text does?!?

Might possibly still be a glitch.

I had a fireworks gif posted above. I guess gif's don't stay posted? I tried to edit out the IMG but it doesn't show up, just the text does?!?

Might possibly still be a glitch.
Possibly where it’s linked from ?

I’ve been lusting after the Takumi airbrushes since they came out and while the Micron version looks incredible, obviously it’s very expensive and in my hands it likely won’t really do anything my CM-C+ won’t. But the Eclipse however… I love my CS and use it often enough that I could justify another, so that was an easy choice.
I’ve only had a small amount of time working with it, but was confident enough to go straight into an existing piece. This is a first side feed for me, so I’m having to get used to that although it doesn’t feel a huge amount different to my gravity fed brushes.
In terms of performance, well it’s an Eclipse so it’s awesome. The shorter body definitely feels nice and is definitely noticeable in the way the brush handles. Not necessarily better, just different and comfortable.
So far I’m very pleased with the brush and am looking forward to learning more about it.
8debe12716fd8dbd7ae468fe2359f4d3.jpg

It’s a great choice for a workhorse airbrush. You will get a lot of years of great use out of it. Congrats!

It’s a great choice for a workhorse airbrush. You will get a lot of years of great use out of it. Congrats!
Thanks Buddy. I’m already a big fan of the Eclipse range and this one is a very nice addition.

Back