Spitting

C

coach

I have a Pasche millennium, and when I spray, it sprays paint for 3-4 seconds, then stops for a second, then sprays again for 3-4 secs, and it just keeps doing that, very consistently as far as how long it sprays then stops, the air still come out just no paint, I cleaned the gun a few times with no results.????????

Try reducing the paint more. If that doesn't work take the nozzle off and soak in cleaning solution. Maybe check and see if your needle is bent? I'm sure someone else will be along shortly to give you more advice soon. Be patient, don't get frustrated it will all work out. Good luck!

It is more than likely the nozzle has a blockage, or is slightly dirty. Even though I am sure you have cleaned your AB really well, paint hides in nozzles. You can even look through one and it seems squeaky clean, but the teeniest speck can give real issues. I think this has probably happened to most people at some point or another :) Other than that as Kasey says, check your needle is ok, and your nozzle isn't cracked, flared or mis shapen, and also that your paint is reduced well enough for the air pressure you are using, (what paint are you using?) maybe filter your paint too.

Pop along to the intro section and let people know where you are in the world, what equipment you have, what type of things you want to paint. Folks will want to welcome you, and also they will be able to give better advice, or point you towards shops etc in your area if needed:)

Typically if it skips then starts spraying again it's your cap like mitch said. Spray some soapy water on the end of your airbrush, you will probably see bubbling. Reseal the cap with beeswax or try tightening it just a hair. Don't force it or you will screw up the threads or worse. Also if it has an o ring, make sure it's not split or pinched

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

Oh, ok, I will definitely do that.
A picture of how your airbrush is acting. While the problem persists, spray a line onto a piece of paper and show us the symptoms that you've mentioned.

Here is a link to a video of what the gun is doing, i thought this might give you a better idea. I tried upping the air pressure, that didnt change it, and what you see on the video is steady air, if i pull back for more paint, it still does it, just faster. And that second or two when the paint stops, it puts bubbles in the cup or bottle.
http://s99.photobucket.com/user/crewchief252/media/CARVINGS/VID00020_zps725c2487.mp4.html

I'm not familiar with siphon feed airbrushes, I have one but haven't used it yet. But maybe it's an issue with the vent hole on the top of the bottle? Is it plugged? I think that may cause that pulsating action as it's trying to balance the pressure in the bottle. Just a thought.

I'm not familiar with siphon feed airbrushes, I have one but haven't used it yet. But maybe it's an issue with the vent hole on the top of the bottle? Is it plugged? I think that may cause that pulsating action as it's trying to balance the pressure in the bottle. Just a thought.

Thanks, that issue did come up and i checked the vent , was fine, it does it even when i use a cup.

Check needle for clean - check out dry tip information on the Airbrush tutor page. Make sure your paint is reduced suitably and filtered when you put it in the gun container. I'm assuming you've got good volume of paint in the containers?

I've just checked out the type of airbrush - it's a cheap end airbrush and they are definitely more prone to these problems than an entry level Iwata.
This is what i recommend checking:
paasche-millenium.jpg

1. The seal of the tip - from what i know of other similar designs, this is a sit-in-place tip. The first thing i would do would be to take out that tip and check the part where it seals, you're looking for any blockage, dust, pigment or scratch that might be there? After you've checked the tip, check for the same thing where the tip sits - if there's anything there that's impeding the seal, then that's likely the problem. Even if you find nothing there, as a precaution you should seal this part of the tip with a product like 'loctite thread seal' - shown below.

Loctite thread seal.
You want to get a teflon sealant - just place a small amount around the base of the tip before setting it in place.

Loctite_545_Thread_Sealant.jpg

2. I would simply lubricate this thread to provide a decent seal.

If it still doesn't work after this, then i have no idea how to troubleshoot this airbrush further. I would instead recommend looking at a different type of airbrush such as the ones mentioned at the bottom of this recent blog post:
The best airbrush for beginners

Well, i have pretty much tried all suggestions with no change, and i even replaced the needle, air cap, and air tip. Guess it's time for a new AB, thanks for all the tips ans suggestions guys, much appreciated. !

Sorry to hear that @coach - if i can recommend any airbrush i would look at the eclipse range by Iwata as entry level, they also have a siphon fed version :)

You wont go wrong with one of those. Great brush for any ability of ab'er. Let us know how you get on.

Lee

Sorryabout your old brush, but I have to say, you won't be disappointed for long once you have that cs in your hand!

Back