That time of the week

A

ad fez

Well it's that time of the week again.... clean up day.... spent a bit of time last week cleaning up my airbrush space so today wheni got home I stripped down the old velocity......... and her 2 new friends!!20130903_200646.jpglet them soak fora while to get all the old paint off (dirty demo brush you see) lubed them put them back together.... shined them even kissed them a lil bit.... woop woop I gota krome20130904_003206.jpg

Clean up day takes a bloody long time when you got more than 1 brush to do

Clean up day takes a bloody long time when you got more than 1 brush to do

Try doing 6 at once. Its a balancing act to not mix up parts, especially when similar brushes have different nozzle/needle sizes, add to that differing makes and it's a hell of a good time.

Does having 8 make it too many? Oh wait 9 if I count an old badger 350 that was given to me and i have never used.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Adam, I have a tip for your once a month......Use a sonic cleaner bro :angel:

I just used warm water with a good slug of ammonia free windex... I left it in there an hour just to soften paint up then have them a good scrub.... this is all I had to hand but I would recommend airbrush restore by createx... you can reuse the same solution again and again

must be like painting the golden gate bridge brother.... once you finish the last the first is all ready gathering moss so start again

I just used warm water with a good slug of ammonia free windex... I left it in there an hour just to soften paint up then have them a good scrub.... this is all I had to hand but I would recommend airbrush restore by createx... you can reuse the same solution again and again

Thanks for the good info!

Currently...I am residing in the Netherlands, and no real plans on leaving in a hurry. If they keep having summers like they have had this year... then it will all be good!

just wait til you get your mits on a micron

Why, what's so special about cleaning a micron? The only thing I remove is needle and head. And I then remove the needle through the front, clean, lube and back in from the back. Do that a few times and your needle pack gets cleaned without dragging dirt through the innards. And if you've ever had an old Badger, you know the trick in getting the back lever in when needs to.

Just finished cleaning 9 of them....3 hour job, but yet i couldn't be bothered with the last 2 i own. Maybe its better to clean out the worst part right after quit for the day....gotta teach myself to do this !

Why, what's so special about cleaning a micron? The only thing I remove is needle and head. And I then remove the needle through the front, clean, lube and back in from the back. Do that a few times and your needle pack gets cleaned without dragging dirt through the innards. And if you've ever had an old Badger, you know the trick in getting the back lever in when needs to.
haha that was my point Andre.... made me laugh so answered with good old British sarcasm and smiley faces. ... mind you i know ferret does love his micron. ... he may geta little more pleasure from cleaning it than most. .. haha ferret You and your micron:topsy_turvy:

Last edited by a moderator:
Does having 8 make it too many? Oh wait 9 if I count an old badger 350 that was given to me and i have never used.

No Deffo not too many, I'm in double figures and still looking lol. I only use 2 at a time though to keep cleaning to a minimum.

Lee

No Deffo not too many, I'm in double figures and still looking lol. I only use 2 at a time though to keep cleaning to a minimum.

Lee

I have at times had 5-6 going all with a different color, made switching back and forth so much easier, but 2 at a time is about where I usually go too.

Back