Thinking About Iwata HP-SB Plus

*MRC*

Double Actioner
New to airbrushing. Have an AH and an HP-CS. Thinking about grabbing an SB+ for funsies. Price is good, but wondering if there are any major pros (or cons) folks can mention …

OR, wait for the 2024 Infinity when it drops? 😎

New to airbrushing. Have an AH and an HP-CS. Thinking about grabbing an SB+ for funsies. Price is good, but wondering if there are any major pros (or cons) folks can mention …

just get it.. you're gonna eventually pull the trigger anyway ;) . The SB is a great all around brush - all pros, no cons. Besides, if you grab one now, you will have some time to save up more funds for the Infinity when it drops.

Are you a mind-reader, Dave? 🤠
We're all just a bunch of enablers and we don't want anyone to feel guilty about buying an airbrush, we actively encourage it because then WE don't feel so guilty about our own growing collections.

It goes something like this and it's worse the further along your journey you get.

"why have one brush when you can have two"
"but I'm missing that model /brand from my collection"
"oh what's one more"

T

There are honestly only pros, it is a lovely top-quality brush.

HP-SBP sprays very similarly to AH.

Personally, I prefer a side-cup airbrush over an in-body-cup airbrush, they both have minimum line-of-sight obstruction but the former is much easier to add colour and clean.

If you get a side-cup micron in future, it will just outperform HP-SBP straightway for fine-detail use cases

The side cup has many advantages.
Better visibility does not apply to me, perhaps because I never work flat.
Or because I was used to upper cups.
The benefits for me are.
With a blockade I can clean the airbrush without throwing away the paint.
faster color changing (2 or more cubs)
And if the chrome is gone from the cub, you can easily replace it.:love:

Back