What exactly can happen if you in red zone?

huskystafford

Needle chucking Ninja
Staff member
Admin
Mod
3AC7C6665323CA469C97D2999916C7D236230CCBC9D2CA6683CCD2FE23466693436646CC1F9DC79B56F513.jpg

My pressure gauge on compressor looks almost the same. Right now I have it set to 90psi and I shoot at 85psi(got another gauge at my work bench). I am doing one t-shirt and I wanna shoot my color so I don't need to reduce, I am lazy :laugh:, and I wen't high with compressor pressure. I also wonted to try shooting color without reduction :cool:

But I was wondering. What can happen if you in red zone. I know red is bad :D
But can something starts flying in my room from that pressure gauge if I am in red zone? lol

The high pressure blow of valve should pop off before parts start flying.that is if your compressor has one. Other then that you could pop an air line id it has a weak place in it

The high pressure blow of valve should pop off before parts start flying.that is if your compressor has one. Other then that you could pop an air line id it has a weak place in it
I have high pressure blow of valve so I am good here. But was kinda curious, cause I always see 1/3 of pressure gauge colored in red. So in theory(lets say for example 120 psi) I could also use high pressure which goes to red numbers?
Thank you.

Most times the pressure gauge will stop about 10 PSI short of hitting the red line. But that is why the safety blow off valve is there in case it malfunctions .

But I was wondering. What can happen if you in red zone. I know red is bad :D
But can something starts flying in my room from that pressure gauge if I am in red zone? lol

Nothing serious happens:D One of my compressors has cut off at 10 bar. Somehow in the Summer time I wanted to clean concrete floor outdoors and got an idea to clean it with air blow gun (you're lazy to reduce paint, I was lazy to clean the floor with smth more proper). What I must say is the cleaning with 8 bar at the blow gun is like hurricane, fast and effectivelol But you can do it with for one time, as the air valve can't bear such pressure. Valve now does not work, extreme air leak is there. I think, an O-ring in the valve must be replaced for a new one, I hope nothing else is spoiled there:)

I think there are other stories of this kind:)

Back