Hello

J

Jezurus

Hello everyone,
I'm Aaron, very new to airbrushing, had some art projects that required painting so I picked up an airbrush set up and now I am hooked!
Working on several projects right now and will post some pics this weekend, look forward to learning some thangs here, Cheers!

Welcome home Aaron,
Now tell use more :D
What airbrush are you using
What paint brands
Where on this planet do you live (not street address but at least county )
All this information helps us when you need help.
or are looking for a great place to buy things when you need another airbrush to feed your growing airbrush addiction :D

Thanks for the warm welcome! I live in the USA, North Carolina currently, I mainly use the Badger Krome for mymain brush and a Thayer and Chandler Vega 2000 siphon feed for base coating, using mainly acrylics for the majority of my artwork, which consists of paintings, working on some Drew Struzan type posters atm, sculpts I have done, (mostly super hero stuff), and whatever else I can
try!! I will be running some one shot enamel at some point, I do some sign work also, I know the Krome will handle solvents but not sure on the Vega 2000, thanks again, glad I stumbled across the forum!

Welcome welcome!! Ahh...I am smitten lol!! Another Krome lover!! ;) Cant wait to see some of your goods!!

Welcome to the family Aaron, everything you ever wanted to know about ABing, and lots of stuff you didn't know you didn't, know, and didn't know you didn't need to know , and probably never needed to know. Post up some pics of your stuff when you can,us nosey lot always like to see it.

Can it be so???? A forum where people actually talk and help each other?? Am I dreaming? Love it here already!!
You're not dreaming, and you're not in Kansas anymore Dorothylol You have entered the twilight zone :laugh::laugh:The great folks around here will do their best to help, cos we only have the coolest people, although some may be slightly quirkier than others.

welcome...i pinch myself on a regular basis to be sure im not dreaming that im on here.........:confused:..ouch yep im awake

This is very inspirering, I have been bummed by my slow progress but some advice you all gave another youngling with a Krome has already helped me.
I will start on one of the tutorials tonight, prob the "eye" tut, right now I use mostly createx Wicked acrylics which arent that great, but since I've learned here to reduce them properly they actually spray pretty well, one prob with them is they do not stick to my sculpts well, I sculpt with poly clay, (oven bake) and then use filler auto primer or krylon, if I have to clean a spot anywhere the paint will rub off, very frustrating!
Any ideas on a paint that won, do this? Thanks everyone!

This is very inspirering, I have been bummed by my slow progress but some advice you all gave another youngling with a Krome has already helped me.
I will start on one of the tutorials tonight, prob the "eye" tut, right now I use mostly createx Wicked acrylics which arent that great, but since I've learned here to reduce them properly they actually spray pretty well, one prob with them is they do not stick to my sculpts well, I sculpt with poly clay, (oven bake) and then use filler auto primer or krylon, if I have to clean a spot anywhere the paint will rub off, very frustrating!
Any ideas on a paint that won, do this? Thanks everyone!
What are you cleaning with? Wicked Is one of the toughest water based paints there is. I also have a krome, good brush. May sell mine in favor of another iwata but thats a whole nother ball of wax. And nead over to open bar and post up some of those sculpts, a lot of people would love to see them,,, maybe you could teach us about thay. Uggg like I need another hobby.

What are you cleaning with? Wicked Is one of the toughest water based paints there is. I also have a krome, good brush. May sell mine in favor of another iwata but thats a whole nother ball of wax. And nead over to open bar and post up some of those sculpts, a lot of people would love to see them,,, maybe you could teach us about thay. Uggg like I need another hobby.
I am cleaning with water and winded 50\50, is this OK or should I use something else?
I will def post some pics, sculpting is a blast you should try it! I have just realized the paint that is rubbing off is a mixture of created and some tube paint, some flesh tone and Greg on Batman's costume, so I prob need to stick with wicked brand while mixing color for statues, thanks!!

Back