Howzit from Cape Town South Africa

• Thread starter Stafford Hector
  • Start date
S

Stafford Hector

Hi guys, i have been pottering with airbrushing for a few years now and am absolutely terrible at the moment but have enrolled myself into a fantastic course that takes place this weekend. I would love to share and learn as much as possible from some of you guru's!

I would love to develop my ability in the realism skill set and would absolutely love to create pieces that could be mistaken for photographs. i know this is a little cliche but i have a long standing love affair with Skulls, Red Indians & dias de los muertos.

from a medium perspective, at this stage i am really just developing on paper for now but would love to excel in automotive and wall art. with my wife, 3 daughters and studying for my degree, this is one of my main res-bites from our daily rat race.

Thanks in advance guys and loving whatever help i can get!

Welcome Home Stafford Hector nice to have you here,
You have two goals listed pick one and work on it first , Realism takes a lot of practice time not only learning to control the airbrush but learning color matching and how to layer between opaque and transparent paints as well.

Welcome to the forum. I’m sure the class you have booked will help you work towards your goals. Be sure to let us know how the course goes.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I definitely would like to keep realism as my end goal but my immediate goal is definitely being able to airbrush like a pro

Hey Stafford. Welcome here. I'm sure you will learn a lot at the Compressed Flair class. IF you are not yet a member, come and join the SA Airbrush group on Facebook. Link is in my signature.

Hey Stafford. Welcome here. I'm sure you will learn a lot at the Compressed Flair class. IF you are not yet a member, come and join the SA Airbrush group on Facebook. Link is in my signature.
Thanks Andre, yes I’m super flippen excited for the course. The guys from Compressed flair are brilliant! Thanks for the headsup!

A warm welcome from a hot and overcast Johannesburg, good luck with the Compressed Flair Class, keep us updated, do share what you have learned... Looking forward to some of your work...

So from no airbrushing to this....... not done yet

bbb30b3754a718e485bad61b4ebb105a.jpg

Back