I'm confused.....again. :-)

R

Ranger370

I have been looking at eagle references all day long and I am trying to decide if it is just the photography or if there really is tha much difference in the color of various eagle's beaks? Some are almost stark yellow while others run the gamust from light orange to a dark orange with light brown highlights. The reference I am currently working from has a medium orange beak with yellow highlights and some light brown/orange darker areas. So? What to do? Just go with my reference or try to correct it to more yellow?

Last edited by a moderator:
What Meeshel said. And isolate the colour when you try to match it. Yellow next black will look different then yellow next to white.

Like everyone said above. And i will add all eagles are different, sporting a yellowish to orangeish beak with different tints.

Exactly Reece, you have a reference for a reason, follow it buddy. Just like everything variety is the spice of life.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Exactly Reece, you have a reference for a reason, follow it buddy. Just like everything variety is the spice of life.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

That's what I'll do. I think this is an older eagle and he has a lot of character and color. The eyes look weird to me because they have black spots in the iris and are a strange green/hazel color but I think it will all come together in the end.

follow the reference they are diferent colors also what can efect the color is the lighting and i have noticed when i do my plabetary imaging when i process diferent images of the same object when it comes to saturatiom and color hue that can change colors dramatically

Back