Badger Krome Vs. Iwata Micron Cm-C+

Just received my Krome yesterday from our good friend "Strictly Attitude" good man to deal with, I must say. Took less than a week to get it.
I am safely becoming an airbrush nerd it seems. At any rate, my first take with the Krome was pretty positive, a pretty responsive trigger is something that will take practice getting used to. That paint flows pretty easy and like any airbrush it is all about the practice to get confident to go into tight areas of fine detail. Hope to put the small needle and nozzle on see how fine the lines can be...

Good to another member in the Krome Nation, And Yes John is a great guy to deal with plus he is a talented airbrusher to boot...

I love my krome btw but to answer Mr. Microns query about the bands dressing like that. It's a whole androgeneous thing that's big over there in Japan, mostly Tokyo.

I love my krome btw but to answer Mr. Microns query about the bands dressing like that. It's a whole androgeneous thing that's big over there in Japan, mostly Tokyo.

I know it is Granny bands like that were around back in the late 70's early 80's when I lived in Japan. But the new ones take it over the top....

well i dont realy understand the diferance between the velocity and krome if the krome is better i gues il hsve to get one but I no longer have money wel see what happens if i sell some work or get a job i personaly agree the krome and velocity are not that much diferent

Ends up the krome is awfully hard to come by right now :\ Buying parts for my talon while I wait.

It is official, I now like my Krome more than my Iwata. I did some test sprays tonight with 3 to 1 Spectra Tex, and the Krome was able to spray much more consistently at every PSI setting I tried. In my Iwata, I was using a needle that I had once slightly bent but was fixed and re polished. To be fair, I replaced the Needle, Nozzle, and Nozzle Cap with all brand new spares. Even with the .2 setup, the Krome outperformed it. Either the Krome is just that good, or there may be something wrong with my Iwata...

Having the Krome for a week now I will say it is a fine AB. I have an Iwata PH C+ as well. I think both are very good brushes, that spray paint very well. The difference lies in the firmness (all tip widths aside) of the trigger action. The Iwata is a firmer action to the touch, the Krome much easier and smoother. I think after time the firmness of the Iwata would possibly cause slight cramping.... ?? due to the higher tension. The ease of the trigger action on the Krome seem to make fine detail work easier and more intutive, and easier to keep the air on at all times (at least for me a relative beginner)...currently running fluid acrylics through the brushes, but I think I am heading towards the Createx illustration $$$ for their excellent reworkability traits.

I use the Iwata HP-CS, but have been in the market for a more fine detail oriented brush. Was really considering the CM-C plus, but that price is a bit high for what I want to spend. I had looked at the Badger Krome, but wasn't sure it was the right fit for what I was needing. After reading this little review... My mind is made up, I'm going with the Krome!! Thanks Herb!!!

I use the Iwata HP-CS, but have been in the market for a more fine detail oriented brush. Was really considering the CM-C plus, but that price is a bit high for what I want to spend. I had looked at the Badger Krome, but wasn't sure it was the right fit for what I was needing. After reading this little review... My mind is made up, I'm going with the Krome!! Thanks Herb!!!
Hey Si (Adam) nice to have you here brother.. PM Strictly Attitude View Profile: Strictly Attitude - The Orange Airbrush Forum
I think he still has them in stock . Plus he is a hell of a good guy.
But yes the price of the CM-C+ is up there and being I look at it like this CM-C+ .23 , Krome you get .2 and .3 so it is like getting 2 airbrushes in 1...
I have yet to use the .3 mainly cause I love the .2 I think you will love it..
One word of caution , When you take off the nozzle cap leave the needle in . That sucker is small ....

You wont regret it, i promise! If you have never used a micron, you will not have a gripe at all! I do own a micron and haven't used it since i received the krome. I really dont feel the need to either. I....and i say i, knowing others here feel the opposite,but i can do exactly the same quality and get the same results with my krome as my micron.

Josh
Yesterday is history and tomorrow is a mystery. Treat today as a gift, because that's why they call it "THE PRESENT!"

Last edited:
You wont regret it, i promise! Ifyou have never used a micron, you will not have a gripe at all! I do own a micron and haven't used it since i recieved the krome. I really don

Josh
Yesterday is history and tomorrow is a mystery. Treat today as a gift, because that's why they call it "THE PRESENT!"

LOL I have not used my Micron either or my CS... LMAO..

Mine came today from Strictly. Excellent price and extremely fast shipping. Thanks again!

Now to have time to try it out .....

No doubt an awesome airbrush, if I had been able to try the Krome and my HP-CH before buying, dollar for dollar...Krome all the way.

Hey what's that sitting next to my HP-C+..is it a Krome...oh yes I think it is:) Received it in the post this week and have to say, you guys are bang on! So far I am totally blown away by this little beauty, it feels great in my hand, the balance and weight are spot on, the trigger is just so smooth and easy on my little pinky than my Iwata. The fine lines that I am able to get are excellent and do agree that this is one sweet little brush, recommend to anyone for sure. You do have to make sure everything is tightened up ok so there is know little leaks, I use my daughters lip balm on the threads and it seals the job nicely, a great AB and another happy customer:) IMG_0002 (768x1024).jpg

Of course I've not been able to use mine yet, as I don't have a hose that works. I ordered one, it'll take another 2 weeks to get here! :(

Back