M’s Artist log/development

Todays Log (no new art to show today)

I’ve got proper reputable brushes now thanks to Truggy sending them all the way from America, with some cute stencils and an early birthday card 🙏.
(I can take these brushes apart now and put them back together confidently, the instructions are pretty idiot proof).

I’ve got my magnetic board set up now too, I have an interesting collection of magnets.

I just need to knuckle down and begin a more technical journey (she said hopefully), with fitting in some other work in between. The paint pal event has given me the incentive to focus and take my time.

One most important aspect is tidying my workspace regularly, how can one person make so much mess 🤣

This "paint pal” seems a lot of fun, I love being part of this party 🎉🎈🎊🥳

Todays Log (no new art to show today)

I’ve got proper reputable brushes now thanks to Truggy sending them all the way from America, with some cute stencils and an early birthday card 🙏.
(I can take these brushes apart now and put them back together confidently, the instructions are pretty idiot proof).

I’ve got my magnetic board set up now too, I have an interesting collection of magnets.

I just need to knuckle down and begin a more technical journey (she said hopefully), with fitting in some other work in between. The paint pal event has given me the incentive to focus and take my time.

One most important aspect is tidying my workspace regularly, how can one person make so much mess 🤣

This "paint pal” seems a lot of fun, I love being part of this party 🎉🎈🎊🥳
Don’t rush it. Take your time and make sure to take a step back (literally) often and see the whole picture at a distance. I like to take a break and then take a good look at my art in progress because for some reason fresh eyes can be quite helpful for me. Sometimes I’m happy with what I see and sometimes I’m not. Actually most of the time I’m not lol. The idea is to have fun, be happy and not get stressed. Unless you bend a needle, and in that case then get stressed lol.😝 I’m glad you are enjoying your brushes, and have fun with them.🙂

👏👏👏👏 Great!!!! Now, get the ball rolling. You will see the magnetic board is one of the best inventions created by the human.
It’s underway, just got to get another job out the way tomorrow and then I can get back to it on Monday, I didn’t get anything done today apart from cleaning brushes and tidying my workspace, it’s all ready for me though. We take magnets and magnetism for granted but it’s quite fascinating.

Why do you feel anxious?
Whenever I have to draw something for someone other than myself, I feel tremendous pressure. I remember once, a stranger from the US on Instagram commissioned me to do a graffiti for a brand of trainers and t-shirts, I spent two weeks working non-stop praying that he would like it, I think I lost a few kilos 😂

That would’ve made me feel anxious as well. I bet your customer was very happy with the job 🙏
I believe what ever you do will be fantastic (does that make you feel more anxious ?hahaha)

Juanma, imagine that, a stranger asking you to design something for a brand, they knew you had great skills, you never need to feel anxious.

Juanma, imagine that, a stranger asking you to design something for a brand, they knew you had great skills, you never need to feel anxious.
That's exactly what my wife told me all the time and that I have to work on being positive, anyway thanks a lot for your words 😍 and yes, fortunately, the guy loved the work 😅

Oh you got yourself a magnetic board !! Well done. It’s a good thing to have.
A few ‘fun’things to be on the look out for.
Magnets attract, we all know this… its fun watching the magnets that were placed a little to close to each other slide across a fresh layer of paint to find its mate,
Using a scalpel is interesting when it gets a mind of its own….
Remember to take of your magnetic watch band OFF before placing you wrist near the board…
Other than those fun escapades I love the magnets.. oh yes, I have a vast selection including heavy duty rare earth magnets that when I use a steel sheet I can use Claybord and the strong magnets to hold template through the clay board :)
The whiteboard isn’t strong enough for magnets though the claybord

Back