M’s Artist log/development

I understand you perfectly. I keep telling myself that what I do is for myself, it doesn't matter if I do it wrong, but for some reason there is always that little voice inside me that asks me to make it perfect. Doesn't it happen to you? In any case, you use more techniques than I do, which makes you richer in resources. I miss the pastels, but I hated how dirty my hands always were 😂.
Thank you Juanma, I always lose to that bit of me that strives for perfection , that’s why I enjoy my free form horse paintings because they’re loose and playful and if it works it works if it doesn’t it doesn’t, when I try to use a reference or set up a still life it’s a different frame of mind, like its getting ready for a battle 🤣 and it can take all your might

You will get there, no doubt about it.
Thanks Joe, I know I’ve got a lot of practicing to do to get there, I’ve learnt that much.
The attached image (Ian’s Paintpal) was mostly airbrushing I think, that was before I spent many hrs thereafter getting the details with a hairy brush and then I decided to change the Earth 🤣 I might have rubbed out a couple of highlights

Attachments

• IMG_2407.jpeg
    IMG_2407.jpeg
    601.4 KB · Views: 47
That painting is brilliant. You have learned much. There is a depth that gives it a 3D look. Well done.

Decided to change the Earth?
Going into politics are you?
We could worse. (Undoubtedly will).

That painting is brilliant. You have learned much. There is a depth that gives it a 3D look. Well done.

Decided to change the Earth?
Going into politics are you?
We could worse. (Undoubtedly will).
Thanks Joe 🙏🤗,

Hahahaha , I’d love to rule the world 🌍🤣, But only with a dragon or two. In fact I’d have an army of dragons, I might need Jackie’s help 😃

I like how this is going so far, the airbrush paint is going over the pastel base, ears are challenging, I used sheilding in places (which weren’t dry), I think I’m supposed to wait till some paint dries, I bent the tip of the needle, but I’m happy I’ve got an airbrush still in it’s wrapping, delivered today (my partner didn’t ask what was in the box, pheww 🤣), I wish I had an assistant to unclog all my brushes and replace all the needles🤣🤣🤣

Attachments

• IMG_2833.jpeg
    IMG_2833.jpeg
    351.3 KB · Views: 30
Thats looking great :)

Check out the Art Workshops videos, He has some great vids on parts of the face :thumbsup:

Ooops 🤣. I think I need eraser practice. Did it come off in chunks because I had oil pastel and hairspray underneath I wonder?

Attachments

• IMG_2834.jpeg
    IMG_2834.jpeg
    431.6 KB · Views: 34
I didn’t get much painting done today but I did finally tidy up a bit, I’m terrible at tidying up as I go, it’s so boring 🤣.
I’m very pleased with my tidy space though (photo attached)
I’ve not got much more to do to this Spanish dancer (I hope not anyway, as it’s taken longer than I had imagined, I’ve still not got the control over the airbrush I want to have, which is a bit frustrating but I’m sure I must be better than my very first attempt).

Attachments

• IMG_2840.jpeg
    IMG_2840.jpeg
    502.5 KB · Views: 19
Very tidy, nice job, kinda a close-up though....😁
Love both paintings.
Control will come with practice, your doing fine.

I had an overdue 3am (will definitely be in bed for 4am, gosh it’s going to be daylight soon) art session, as I worked the weekend (that was exhausting) so didn’t have time then and had boring things to catch up with.

I’m still working on my portrait, I can see an end to that soon (and will upload the photo), fingers crossed, as I’m going to start a pet portrait soon for a friend 😳🤣. I’ve never done a pet portrait before, but if it goes well I might do more.If it doesn’t go well I’ll just add it to the list of things I said I’d do for people and haven’t done yet 🤣

I didn’t get much painting done today but I did finally tidy up a bit, I’m terrible at tidying up as I go, it’s so boring 🤣.
I’m very pleased with my tidy space though (photo attached)
I’ve not got much more to do to this Spanish dancer (I hope not anyway, as it’s taken longer than I had imagined, I’ve still not got the control over the airbrush I want to have, which is a bit frustrating but I’m sure I must be better than my very first attempt).
Looks amazing Mary.

Back