Valspar by house of Kolor airbrush

Jonathon

Mac-Valve Maestro!
Will post pics later once I have better reception. A guy at work I do projects with gave me an airbrush today he got a yardsale a few years back for practically nothing. It's single action from what I can tell, made mostly of plastic. Bottom feed. Anyone use or own anything like that?

Mostly plastic... I'm gonna guess a Badger 350 or 250. Does the paint thingie meet the air thingie at 90 degrees or more like 45 degrees?

Or it could be a Paasche starter brush of similar design as the 350. Or an Aztek...

Here's pics...don't know why my pics aren't showing up right anymore but if u click em they show up

Attachments

• 20180228_012905.jpg
    485 KB · Views: 24
  • 20180228_012847.jpg
    614.3 KB · Views: 20
  • 20180228_012832.jpg
    941.4 KB · Views: 14
Well its definitely close to a Badger 250. A quick google search only turns up a few of them on ebay. I haven't ever heard good things about these, but apparently the Badger 250 is Badger's best selling model. It's pretty much a refillable spray can. But who knows, you might get some interesting effects out of it.

Dunni, can't find much about it either. Ill have to play around with it this weekend maybe and see. I don't think it had the adapter in the box to connect it to an air supply, just the connection for canned air..

bwahaha... I don't think they were designed to last longer than one can of propel! I wonder what kind of threads are on the air valve? If they match Badger threads that might give us a clue as to who manufactured it.

Dunno, I only have one other airbrush..and that's my eclipse baby...
Theres no needle as far as I could tell. Just a little button to press down for air/paint...but I just quickly looked at it at work where I got it. Lying down now cause I have to be back up for work again in a few hours

I dont think you will be doing fine detail with it but its probably going to be ok for general coverage. You might have to experiment a bit with your paint though.

Lee

Yeah, I got nothing on this one. Obviously a generic external mix, single action that was branded by HOK. My guess is that they were not around long... I have used similar to apply primers, and base coats, some amount of model making, and even applied an undercoat to the underside of a vintage car restoration with something similar. There is a little bit of adjustment to the spray pattern, but they pretty much work like a small spray can.

I did happen to find a video on an airbrush from a company called "Spraycraft" that looked very similar to this one. I believe it was from somewhere British-y.

This brush was manufactured in Taiwan. It's an HAB201 kustom airbrush. It actually does have the adaptor for air compressor, just isn't one that will fit my compressor. So this will just have to wait till I would get one that would work and I'm not in any hurry so I'll have to post something at a later date on how it actually works

Yeah, those pictures bring back memories/nightmares of my first AB which was indeed a Badger 250. Great for priming and general color coating. But dagger strokes would be a bit of a challenge...

Yeah, those pictures bring back memories/nightmares of my first AB which was indeed a Badger 250. Great for priming and general color coating. But dagger strokes would be a bit of a challenge...
More like "dagger blobs" lmao!

I bought one of these(not hok) from harbor freight for $9.99, tried spraying some golden through it, it came out with a fair amount of splatter, it has sat in the box since, it would probably spray better with some thicker household paint.

Back