Two pronged Needle cap

busanga

Double Actioner
Does anyone make an after market 2 pronged needle cap for Eclipse CS (or fit from another brand). To protect needle but allow for easier cleaning of needle

And what is reason this doesnt come as standard on most airbrushes, in particular Iwata. Does it affect air flow or spray pattern or something ?

I know for 2 stores which are selling 2 prongs.

I am assuming it doesn't come standard on most airbrushes cause people didn't express the need for it? Who knows... I heard about 2 prongs on this forum actually.

I went on google to see what is happening with 2 prongs these days. I wrote in google : airbrush 2 prong needle cap

And I was surprised. Few years ago I couldn't find anything, but looks like this is also changing.

For example:

https://www.air-craft.net/acatalog/Harder-Steenbeck-126774-Needle-Cap.html

https://www.amazon.com/HUBEST-Universally-Applicable-Replacement-Different/dp/B08J3MVRLN?th=1

https://he.aliexpress.com/item/1005003750058323.html?gatewayAdapt=glo2isr

Bear in mind I don't have a clue when and who started with these 2 prongs thingies, so maybe they are on the market for long and I just didn't have a clue.

Now, my question would be. If Harder Steenbeck have them, why Iwata doesn't?

strange that they wouldnt be demanded as tip dry and pinching needle with fingers etc has been a problem forever. and people even talk about if you keep needle cap on can use a Q tip to clean... why not just 2 prongs years ago as standard...or at least as an option.... baffled !

thanks for the links !

strange that they wouldnt be demanded as tip dry and pinching needle with fingers etc has been a problem forever. and people even talk about if you keep needle cap on can use a Q tip to clean... why not just 2 prongs years ago as standard...or at least as an option.... baffled !

thanks for the links !
second link fits Iwatas and few others. Read reviews.

With pleasure

Great that Amazon lik confirms fits Iwata HP CS.. look pretty cheap made , but will work i guess.

could always 3D print some too i guess

Dave can machine some nice ones on his lathe :)

Found this ... Two pronged cap for Iwata Micron...

“Black Devil” K33 Detail Split Needle Cap

The “Black Devil” limited edition only at Foxy!

Special Hand Made Open Needle Cap compatible with any of the IWATA Custom Micron Airbrushes

Found this ... Two pronged cap for Iwata Micron...

“Black Devil” K33 Detail Split Needle Cap

The “Black Devil” limited edition only at Foxy!

Special Hand Made Open Needle Cap compatible with any of the IWATA Custom Micron Airbrushes
That is one of the shops I know.

Now for the ''part'' which you maybe didn't think about. You wanna have one prong at 12h and the second one at 6h. I don't know how those which you buy online works. But when you make your own, you screw cap on your airbrush, mark with a marker where you wanna have prongs and you cut the rest and you have the right position of the prongs. Just telling.

That is one of the shops I know.

Now for the ''part'' which you maybe didn't think about. You wanna have one prong at 12h and the second one at 6h. I don't know how those which you buy online works. But when you make your own, you screw cap on your airbrush, mark with a marker where you wanna have prongs and you cut the rest and you have the right position of the prongs. Just telling.
Thanks for the tip :thumbsup:

giphy.gif

I forgot to mention. My first 2 prongs were from original eclipse needle cap - the one which I got with my airbrush. Soooooo, you also have an option to cut original ones to 2 prongs.

I forgot to mention. My first 2 prongs were from original eclipse needle cap - the one which I got with my airbrush. Soooooo, you also have an option to cut original ones to 2 prongs.
I bought 10 from eBay to practise on, they work well but I still prefer the cap off entirely when working up close

I bought 10 from eBay to practise on, they work well but I still prefer the cap off entirely when working up close
I can't judge distance well, cause of my right eye. And cause of it when I worked with eclipse on few t-shirts, when I was doing fast dagger strokes I caught t-shirt fabric with my needle few times. I didn't damage needle but it was a warning for me I could damage Micron needle and I went the safe route.

I scuffed prongs so much that they are 1 millimeter longer then my needle now. And when I am doing close stuff I just press prongs at the t-shirt or I drag prongs gently over my t-shirt. I scuffed the edges of prongs so I don't damage fabric with sharp edges.

Back