H&S focus - blocked? Help please.

• Thread starter The taxidermist
  • Start date
T

The taxidermist

I have had my h&s for around x3 yrs. I always clean after use and after unscrewing the end leave it to soak in airbrush cleaning fluid until I next use it. Today I have come to use it after reassembling, but it's blowing paint out the cup res! I have spent over 1hour taking it apart cleaning and re cleaning to no avail. The airbrush needle goes though nice and smoothly it doesn't feel as it's sticking. Any suggestions please?

I have had my h&s for around x3 yrs. I always clean after use and after unscrewing the end leave it to soak in airbrush cleaning fluid until I next use it. Today I have come to use it after reassembling, but it's blowing paint out the cup res! I have spent over 1hour taking it apart cleaning and re cleaning to no avail. The airbrush needle goes though nice and smoothly it doesn't feel as it's sticking. Any suggestions please?

When you are cleaning your brush you need to check the space between the the nozzle and nozzle protector cap, this is frequently ignored during cleaning, if it gets clogged some of your air goes inward giving you blow back, the cap I refer to is the one that holds the nozzle in place, you must clean it from inside.

Hope this helps.

P.S. Why now introduce yourself in the introductions section, tell us little about yourself and what you like, we are all nosey bastards, lol[/QUOTE]

Last edited by a moderator:
It's either the O-Ring that is on the air cap or the PTFE seal on the back side of the nozzle.

Edit: What MB said May apply also, some paint blocking the hole in the aircap may be blocking some of the air from exiting.

Remember to reseal the tip also - if the tip is a screw on type, then you should either use a tiny amount of plumbers tape, or plumbing sealant (like a wax sealant) or bees wax if you're not using automotive paints.
This is just a suggestion that hasn't been offered, it could be any of the above, but bubbling in the cup is caused from an air leak in the nozzle, air is pushing back inside the airbrush so you need to seal all threads in the head assembly :D

Last edited:
Remember to reseal the sip also - if the tip is a screw on type, then you should either use a tiny amount of plumbers tape, or plumbing sealant (like a wax sealant) or bees wax if you're not using automotive paints.
This is just a suggestion that hasn't been offered, it could be any of the above, but bubbling in the cup is caused from an air leak in the nozzle, air is pushing back inside the airbrush so you needle to seal all threads in the head assembly :D

What Mitch suggested will work if the Air Cap O-Ring is missing or damaged. It won't hurt to try it. If Teflon tape or Beeswax doesn't fix it, then more than likely the PTFE seal at the back if the nozzle may be bad/damaged. You can order all of the seals/gasket from a few places online, the Kit is a little less than $15.

Thanks. Tried the suggestion again to no avail. There is air coming out the end but as I slide the needle through the reverse pressure increases up the paint res and no paint is coming out even though air is!

I have also changed the white cap seal and the black nozzle rubber seal!

Thanks. Tried the suggestion again to no avail. There is air coming out the end but as I slide the needle through the reverse pressure increases up the paint res and no paint is coming out even though air is!

Probably a bad PTFE seal in the back of the nozzle.

Have you checked to see if your nozzle is slightly damaged at the front?, something is forcing air inwards.

Check to see if your nozzle is sticking out from the nozzle cap if it is flush or recessed it will not work.

Jim

Back